Friday, August 17, 2007

Searching For Teachable Moments

Via
Orient Lodge
www.orient-lodge.com


Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.- Rafiki, in The Lion King



I’ve received several interesting emails over the past few days from various people with different interests in the case of Avery Doninger, the [17] year old class secretary who was forced out of office and forbidden to run for re-election because of derogatory comments she had made online about the school administration. If I were to find a single theme from them, it would be Rafiki’s quote from the Lion King.

A noted Connecticut journalist wrote me saying,

I'm afraid that school administrators are, by definition, impossibly stupid and officious. This kind of gratuitous censorship and bullying happens all the time almost everywhere and has been happening since before I was in high school. Indeed, I went through a smaller incident of it myself and would pay a thousand dollars to be able to go back in time and tell the vice principal that he could go screw himself because I'd see him in court.


  • Complete Article


  • FOI Request Following Big Shell Game



  • No comments: