Thursday, October 04, 2007

If You Bare It, They Will Come


Protest bares all in anti-fur campaign
Brattleboro picked for its 'all-nude' image


PAUL HEINTZ
Brattleboro Reformer

BRATTLEBORO - Two nude PETA volunteers brought their animal rights message to town Thursday and proved the age-old adage, "If you bare it, they will come."

Meggan Anderson and Ali Cayer braved unseasonably warm temperatures as they spread their message to an enthusiastic crowd of onlookers on the corner of High Street and Main Street. Wearing nothing but a banner reading, "Bare skin, don't wear skin," the dynamic duo appeared successful - at least in drawing a crowd.

"I heard there was something furry going on in Brattleboro, so I thought I'd go check," said Brenda Howard of Putney - one of at least 75 spectators.

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals protest attracted more middle-aged men on lunch breaks than your average animal rights demonstration, but all present assured reporters they were there for the cause.

"I just stopped for lunch," claimed Ty Zinn, as he peered over the crowd for a look. "What show?"

Zinn said he was an avid supporter of animal rights.

"I try to kill my deer with one shot," he said. "Sometimes I kill 'em off with my truck."

  • Complete Article

  • No comments: