Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hat City: News Times Plays Catch-Up In 5th District



  • Complete Article


  • You Read It First At The Cool Justice Report


  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Ok, I'm not sure I understand some blogs.
    99 percent of the time they link to newspaper stories, but don't say "Hey look the newspaper beat me to this story."
    I wouldn't expect the blogger to that, of course.
    But when a newspaper covers a topic that is of particular interest to a particular blogger, the blogger makes a big deal, waving their arms and yelling 'I had that story first.'
    With the Internet, does anyone really care who has stories 'first?'
    Isn't it about who has it 'best?'
    I will step off my soapbox now, thank you.

    Anonymous said...

    I think the point is that newspapers should beat blogs when it comes to reporting stories. In this case, it took the News-Times almost a week to catch up to what Andy, CT Local, and HatCityBLOG reported on regarding a primary challenge in the same district where the News-Times resides.

    Unlike newspapers, blogs are run by people who aren't getting paid to provide information to readers.

    My two cents.