Sunday, June 29, 2008

It Takes A [Paula] Schwartz [A Loyal Niehoff And A Do-Nothing Board Of Education] To Run A Dysfunctional School System



MORE NUGGETS FROM THE DOUCHE BAG FILES

By ANDY THIBAULT
The Cool Justice Report

www.cooljustice.blogspot.com
June 29, 2008

EDITOR'S NOTE: This story is available for reprint courtesy of The Cool Justice Report, http://cooljustice.blogspot.com
Following are a few excerpts from emails and other public records released last week by Alan Beitman, the new superintendent of Regional District 10, Burlington, CT, in The Famous Douche Bag Case. Much of the correspondence involves the former superintendent, Paula Schwartz, and the embattled principal of Lewis Mills High School, Karissa Niehoff.


Schwartz A Moral Authority And A Parent For All?

June 4, 2007 email to local parent: Unfortunately, schools have become the “parents” a little too often. I’m extremely proud of Karissa for putting her foot down for manners and ethical behavior. Our society has gone in the wrong direction for far too long. I’m hoping the experience sinks in.


Who’s The Liar?


Oct. 12, 2007 email from Schwartz to Karen Hunter, reader representative, Hartford Courant: [The Kravitz decision] clearly shows that Avery Doninger lied or at least misrepresented the truth about the Jamfest and then proceeded to provoke students into “pissing off” the superintendent and disrupting the operation of the schools.


Schwartz Fan Mail
About Cool Justice Report
To Hartford Courant Editor


Oct. 9, 2007 email from Schwartz to Bill Leukhardt: The family is being “supported” by this Andy Thibault. (have you checked out his website..pretty awful language toward police, courts, school officials)…who’s now after Litchfield for their rejection of a synagogue …


Who’s The Boss? Where’s The Oversight?

July 30, 2007 email from Schwartz to board of education: Please do not converse with any reporter or any citizen regarding this case. Call us if anyone contacts you …



SEPARATED AT BIRTH?

-- Col. Klink & Paula Schwartz?

-- Sgt. Schultz & Karissa Niehoff?



Niehoff Suck-Up Letter To Schwartz …
Offers To “Go On The Sword …”


May 30, 2007 email: Hi Paula, I’ve been thinking a lot about this whole situation regarding the student blog, etc…and I want to thank you again for your support. I really appreciated that you sat down with me and let me talk about the situationbefore saying that we should respond in one way or the other. Had I made a “wrong” decision, or had you preferred we do something else, I know that you would have advised me as to how to proceed in terms of what is best for the district. The concept of “respect” is one of those things that I would go on the sword for, so to speak. I have less tolerance for disrespect than I do for just about anything else that kids typically do. It saddens me to think that kids are being raised to think that being disrespectful to anyone at any time is OK. The lines between “privilege” and “right” have definitely been blurred in this situation.

I also appreciate your role in keeping the BOE informed as to the events / issues in our schools. I have always felt the support from the Board as well, and I recognize that they place tremendous trust in our judgement [sic] and leadership abilities.

I don’t know how often you receive a note of “thanks” from someone inside the district. I’m sending you one now.

Keep up the great work-

Karissa



  • MORE JAMFEST CANCELLATION MEMOS
  • No comments: