Full announcement UPDATE Monday, 10-6-14:
B&N Wtby hosts
educator appreciation days
including author appearances
[published at bottom of this post]
What: A meet & greet style book signing.
When: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 from 6- 8:00 p.m.
Where: Barnes & Noble Booksellers
235 Union Street (Brass Mill Commons)
Featured authors are:
Tara Andrews, No Peanuts for Santa (children’s young readers)
C.C. Gross, Rising Up…from a Long Way Down (parenting & family challenges)
Christine Ieronimo, A Thirst for Home: A Story of Water across the World (children’s picture book)
Mary Donnarumma Sharnick, Thirst and Plagued (historical fiction)
Sean Stellato, No Backing Down: The Story of the 1994 Salem High School Football Team (regional sports)
Andy Thibault, more COOL JUSTICE (current affairs, media/journalism)
This event is featured during Barnes & Noble Waterbury’s Classroom & Homeschooler Educator Appreciation Week which runs from October 11-19, 2014. Educators will receive special discounts all week and be celebrated at the Classroom & Homeschooler Educator Appreciation Reception on Friday October 17 from 3-7pm.
Contact: Robin Masiewicz - Assistant Store Manager, at 203 759-7125 or email@example.com for additional information on this and other Barnes & Noble events.
Waterbury, CT – October 2014 – Barnes & Noble Waterbury at 235 Union Street will celebrate Fall Educator Appreciation Days, October 11-19. Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Days recognize educators and provides them with an opportunity to explore, learn and save. This October’s offerings are the best ever for educators:
• 25% discount on personal and classroom book purchases, including Ch ildren’s and Teen titles and educational toys and games;
• 25% discount on music, movies, tech gear and more;
• 10% off the current price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 NOOK® and NOOK GlowLight™ (limit of five devices per customer with the presentation of a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card);
• 10% discount on all Café consumables purchases, FIRST TIME EVER!
• A $1,000 shopping spree sponsored by NOOK®. The grand prize winner will receive a $1,000 Barnes & Noble Gift Card, while three runners up will be able to choose a Samsung NOOK or a NOOK GlowLight. To enter, educators can simply visit a local Barnes & Noble store October 11-19, approach the NOOK Boutique® and look for the specially-created Educator Week Sweeps NOOK App™ on the Samsung NOOK devices displayed.
• A regional sweepstakes drawing for a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card and a NOOK GlowLight for educators who attend the Educator Reception on Friday 10/17 from 3-7PM. One educator per region (five total) is eligible.
These special offers are available to PreK-12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Discount program. The application form is available in stores or can be downloaded at BN.com. * Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/bn-at-school. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts.
Barnes & Noble Waterbury will host a local author night and Educator Reception. Author night is Wednesday October 15 from 6-8PM and the Educator Appreciation Reception is Friday October 17 from 3-7PM.
[Featured authors LISTED ABOVE]
The Educator Appreciation Reception will be held from 3-7PM and feature goodie bags, Common Core information, fundraising materials, Nook in Educaton, Café Samples, raffles prizes, guest storyteller Christine Ieronimo for family storytime at 630PM, author of A Thirst for Home: A Story of Water across the World, and much more!
Welcome to our biggest celebration in honor of local educators we have ever had!
Post a Comment