Thursday, January 11, 2007

William Hales, Publisher Of Inquirer Newspapers, Dies

Editor's Note: The Hartford Inquirer was the flagship newspaper of a group that became the largest African American publication in New England, serving cities including Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport and Springfield for more than 30 years. It as now known as Inquiring News. Williams Hales had a good run and he went out peacefully, his son, Reggie Hales, said today.

Inquiring News
P. O. Box 400276,
Hartford, CT 06140
Tel. 860-983-7587 / FAX 860-206-7587
E-mail: inquirernews@aol.com / inqnews@aol.com



January 11, 2007




Dear friends, colleges and media associates,

It is with great sadness that I share with you, that publisher of the former Hartford Inquirer newspaper and long time Hartford businessman, William R. Hales died at the age of 73.

Mr. William Hales, my father was love by many in Hartford and our great state of Connecticut. He died peacefully Jan 10 at 3:40 pm, at the Kimberly Hall nursing home, in Windsor, CT and was surrounded by close family.

My father who gave endlessly of himself was the foundation of my life and had taught me and so many the values of life will truly be missed.

I don't know how I'm going to make through these next days. But I will need plenty of hugs from you and the community. Details and arrangements will be determined soon and I ask for your support for my family and me. My kids Lil Reggie and La Tonna are taking it hard, so I ask for your prayers. There will be a tribute to Mr. William Hales in the Inquiring News edition next week and for the latest details and community messages, see our website.www.inqnews.com.

Thanks!

Sincerely
W. Reggie Hales, Publisher
Inquiring News

No comments: