Monday, March 03, 2008

In Which WFB Offers To Punch Out Noam Chomsky


Via DemocracyNow
2-28-08

JUAN GONZALEZ: We end today’s show marking the death of William F. Buckley, Jr. He died yesterday at the age of eighty-two. He was the founder of the conservative magazine National Review and the television show Firing Line. In 1969, he invited Noam Chomsky on his show to discuss the Vietnam War. This is part of their discussion.

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: I rejoice in your disposition to argue the Vietnam question, especially when I recognize what an act of self-control this must involve.

NOAM CHOMSKY: It does.

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: Sure.

NOAM CHOMSKY: It really does. I mean, I think that it’s the kind of issue where—

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: And you’re doing very well. You’re doing very well.

NOAM CHOMSKY: Sometimes I lose my temper. Maybe not tonight.

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: Maybe not tonight, because as you would, I’d smash you in the goddamn face.

  • Text


  • Go Near The End Of Video
  • No comments: