Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Certain College Application Essay

Via
Orient Lodge



This year I have come to understand why liberty and justice are symbolized with scales. There is a lot to be balanced and decisions can weigh heavy. Since May 2007, a series of good and bad decisions, made by myself and others, has led me on a journey filled with risk and opportunities.

The first decision that I made reflected positively on my character. I fully invested myself in student government and worked hard in my elected positions. Frustrated over scheduling snags and short-notice cancellation of a school event (Jamfest), I went home and posted a blog on an obscure Live Journal page. In the blog I encouraged people to petition the government – a good decision; it was political speech. The bad decision was the opening line, “Jamfest is cancelled due to the douchebags in central office.” Not my finest moment.


  • Complete Article


  • Second Circuit Judge Lineup For Doninger Free Speech Hearing Tuesday


  • Justice Denied: the View From New York


  • Aldon Hynes To Blog Doninger Free Speech Hearing In NY Tuesday


  • Granby, MA Teacher Blog: Justice For Avery Doninger
  • No comments: