Sunday, May 24, 2009

Aretha Finale At Mark Twain House Young Writers Reception May 31


Brought to you by
THE JEN ALLEN BIG BAND
With Vocalists
Tamara Almai,
DominiQue Rivers,
Shannon Gunnip,
Katelyn Lewis


Tamara Almai is a junior at Litchfield High School. Music is her passion. In addition to taking part in many piano and voice recitals, she has performed in local theater and school musicals. She was thrilled to have the role of Rosie in Bye Bye Birdie last fall at LHS and was extremely fortunate to have the pleasure of meeting Mr.Strouse who wrote the music for this wonderful Broadway play. She wants to continue performing and is looking at colleges that have strong musical theater programs.


Known as DominiQue With A Capital Q, this 17-year-old high school senior is an up and coming R&B artist from northwest CT. Although she is a classically trained singer, DominiQue specializes in pop music. After graduating from high school in June, she will be attending the Hartford Conservatory in the fall as a Recording Arts / Voice major.


Shannon Gunnip is a junior at Wamogo Regional High School. Recent credits include "Sarah Brown" in Guys and Dolls, "Sandy" in Grease, and "Wendy" in Peter Pan (all at Wamogo). She is a member of the Connecticut Music Educators Association Northern Regional and All-State Choirs. In her spare time, she studies classical voice with Laura Mashburn and classical piano with Maurice Steinberg.


Katelyn Lewis is a sophomore at Litchfield High School and a swimmer, rower, singer and a flutist. She is also a member in the chamber choir and has performed in many festivals and concerts outside of school. She loves to sing classical music and plans to study voice / musical theater in college.


RESPECT
(oo) What you want
(oo) Baby, I got
(oo) What you need
(oo) Do you know I got it?
(oo) All I'm askin'
(oo) Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)

I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone
Ain't gonna do you wrong (oo) 'cause I don't wanna (oo)
All I'm askin' (oo)
Is for a little respect when you come home (just a little bit)
Baby (just a little bit) when you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)

I'm about to give you all of my money
And all I'm askin' in return, honey
Is to give me my properts
When you get home (just a, just a, just a, just a)
Yeah baby (just a, just a, just a, just a)
When you get home (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)

------ instrumental break ------

Ooo, your kisses (oo)
Sweeter than honey (oo)
And guess what? (oo)
So is my money (oo)
All I want you to do (oo) for me
Is give it to me when you get home (re, re, re ,re)
Yeah baby (re, re, re ,re)
Give it to me (respect, just a little bit)
When you get home, now (just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)
(re, re, re, re) 'spect
When you come home (re, re, re ,re)
Or you might walk in (respect, just a little bit)
And find out I'm gone (just a little bit)
I got to have (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)



  • Don't Worry, Be Hungry: La Cupola @ Twain House


  • Rockville Young Writer Melanie Lieberman, Teacher Victoria Nordlund On Channel 3's Better Connecticut Show


  • Don't Forget To Duck: Peter McEachern On Trombone @ Mark Twain House


  • Jazz Scene Heating Up @ Twain House



  • LAURA McCABE, lead vocalist, Jen Allen Big Band, In 2008 Musical Finale, Imagination



    LATE RSVP'S
    For The IMPAC-CSU System
    Young Writers 12th Annual Celebration
    Are Possible
    By Calling 860-690-0211
    Or Writing tntcomm82@cs.com


    LIKE A SPORTS BANQUET FOR YOUNG WRITERS ...
    But With Much Better Food & Music



    The state winners in prose and poetry, to be announced at the Mark Twain House & Museum ceremony, will have their work considered for publication in Connecticut Review, the literary journal published by the Connecticut State University System (CSUS).

  • Connecticut Review


  • They will also receive cash awards.


  • CSU SYSTEM POST INCLUDES ALL 2009 COUNTY CHAMPIONS


  • Since 1998, the Trust has given more than $174,000 to Connecticut's best young writers. About 6,000 students have participated in the program.

  • Young Writers Trust



  • Click below on invitation to annual celebration for the entire lineup ...
    @ Mark Twain House & Museum ..

    1 comment:

    Zaira R. Sheikh said...

    Oh this was quite a different post from your usual style. Very interesting stuff. You should have shared some some more videos :)

    Will be following your blog more often now...

    http://zainad.blogspot.com/

    http://www.amazon.com/Mortals-Immortals-Other-Short-Stories/dp/B002AD3JXA/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1