Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Boxing Notes 1: Appearing Friday @ The Hartford Club, Chip Perez





CHIP PEREZ, 23 years old.

Total of 106 fights as an amateur.

Record: Won 84, Lost 22.

I train with John "Iceman" Scully.

I started boxing when I was 12 years old in Holyoke, MA.





I am now 2-0 with 1KO as a Pro. My next fight is at Mohegan Sun on the 29th of this month. I moved to CT to begin training with "the great" Scully 4 years ago. My dad had me start boxing due to my aggression and attitude and also my determination to win.

My motto: "Pain is temporary, victory lasts a lifetime."


"I'm probably the most competitive person you'll ever know. Boxing is my passion … I am very close to my family, and I live every day trying to be the best father I can!"

Editor's Note: Part 1 Of A Series.
Items To Follow On Boxers Including Pito Cardona and Mike Mike Machine Gun Oliver ...


  • Remillard, Irizarry, Perez @ Mohegan Sun Jan. 29




  • Hartford Boxers Past & Present Featured In The Prospect


  • SCENES FROM A REHEARSAL: Jen Allen Big Band


  • Poets and writers appearing at The Hartford Club Jan. 15, 2010:



  • The Hartford Club
    46 Prospect St.
    Hartford CT
    860-522-1271

    SCHEDULE

    11 am
    Workshops

    POETRY WORKSHOP
    LED BY
    DAVID “THE BODY SNATCHER” CAPPELLA

    SPORTSWRITING WORKSHOP
    LED BY
    PAUL “DING-A-LING” DOYLE

    12 noon - 1:15 pm
    Lunch
    To The Sounds
    Of The Jen Allen Big Band, With Vocalists


    JEN ALLEN BIG BAND

    JEN ALLEN, keyboard
    KRIS ALLEN, alto sax
    BEN BILELLO, drums
    MATT DWONSYK, bass
    GEOFF BROOKES. trumpet
    JAKE THIBAULT, tenor sax
    PETER McEACHERN, trombone
    KEITH GIBSON, guitar

    VOCALISTS

    Tamara Almai, Shannon Gunnip, Laura McCabe, DominiQue Padilla


    1:30 pm
    Undercard Of Poets &Writers
    Leading Up
    To Gaby v. Iceman Set 1

    Undercard

    FRANZ "ONIONS OREGANATO” DOUSKEY
    KATE “LA TERRIBLE” RUSHIN
    CHANDRA “BONECRUSHER” PRASAD
    RICH “SIX HEADS” ESPOSITO
    BOB “THE BREEZE” LEUCI,
    AKA PRINCE OF THE CITY
    SHOUHUA “HARD ROCK” QI
    BINNIE “THE DEMON BARBER” KLEIN
    “MERICILESS” AMY MA


    THE MAIN EVENT
    GABY “SHE BE STINGING” CALVOCORESSI
    V.
    ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
    Reading From Their Works

    Co-Masters Of Ceremonies
    ‘IRISH’ RAVI SHANKAR
    JEFFREY “NO DICE” DRESSLER
    RAND “BLOOD” COOPER

    Break,
    Mid-Afternoon


    6 pm
    Evening Reception & Events

    Hors d'oeurves Courtesy Of The Warren Group

    Reception Entertainment:
    Teen Rocker Phenom
    Desiree Bassett & The Time Machine
    Robert Goddfried, aka Rob The Drummer
    Bob Larime, bass guitar

    7 pm
    Gaby v. Iceman, Set 2

    National Anthem,
    Sung By DominiQue
    Of The Hartford Conservatory
    & The Jen Allen Big Band

    Boxing Exhibition
    Coordinated By
    Sammy Vega, Iceman John Scully,
    Mike Mike Machine Gun Oliver

    Cash Bar
    At All Times



    [still ok
    to rsvp:
    call 860-690-0211
    or
    write to
    tntcomm82@cs.com]

  • A Message From Hartford Club President Pat Sheehan


  • Young Writers Trust Website
  • No comments: